Join Dr Jenevora Williams for two days of Teaching Young Voices at Wesley College, Melbourne.
23rd – 24th January 2024 | 10am – 5pm
Teaching Young Voices
What will I learn?
This is one of the most successful courses run by Jenevora Williams; over 300 teachers have participated worldwide.
Co-Founder & Director of Education
If you are a singing teacher, a choral director, a classroom music teacher or a Musical Theatre MD – this is what you need to know. The content is based on research evidence and a lifetime of experience in the field; it is not a teaching method, you will be given the tools to devise your own teaching strategies.
- Why teach singing to children? Technique and wellbeing
- Communication style in lessons – learning theories
- Early development – infant to 6yrs
- Early musical experiences
- Singing age 7-11 years
- Vocal development
- Musical development including singing in tune
- Adolescent girls
- The role of hormones in vocal development
- Common issues like breathiness in the voice
- Adolescent boys
- Recognising the stages of voice change
- How to keep singing though these changes
- Common challenges such as working with a limited range or choosing whether to use falsetto
- Vocal health for young voices
If you book this 2-day course, you will automatically receive a 50% discount to buy Jenevora’s online videos from www.evolvingvoice.co.uk.
These have an extended version of the content (20 hours instead of 12)
You can buy and revisit this material with unlimited lifetime access.
You can have a look before the course, ready to ask lots of questions on the day
If you would like to continue with the accredited certification, you’ll need these videos to do that.
Cost: $587AUD / £300GBP